Monday, January 4, 2010

~* My "Market-ing" Experience *~

I feel so "cacat" yesterday when I went to the pasar pagi to buy fresh foods for cooking for this week. My 小宝贝 nanny is here so I will need the maid to cook for her in the afternoon and at night for us. I have never been to a market by myself. If I need to cook, I will just buy some fresh ingredients from the supermarket. But to buy food for 4 people a week from the supermarket, it will cost so much especially fish and meat.

I went to the pasar pagi with my maid and when I'm standing in front of the fish stall, I really stunt because I don't know the name for most of the fish. I will have to depend on my maid to buy the fish. The most funny part was, I wanted to buy "ma yao" fish. I aksed the seller if they hv "ma yao". But in fact, I already asked him to weighed "ma yao" fish. I can't recognise because the fish was being cut into pieces already :D Total spending for fish is RM62.

Luckily, I am still ok with the name of vegetables :D Total spending for vegetables is around RM30. Then, at the chicken stall, I stood there for quite some time before deciding to get 2 kampung chicken which cost RM36. It took me longer to decide because the chicken is not as clean as what I normally buy from the supermarket (because the stall is so wet and the chicken head still attached). At one point, I wanted to turn off not buying. But when the thought of spending almost half my salary on a maid and a nanny, I will have to be careful on my spending.

For pork, I went to the An Sin pork shop at SS15 to get my supply. This is the most expensive item. I paid RM104 for meat to make soup and 2 spare ribs. I prefer An Sin because the pork is cleaner and taste better. TOTAL spending for the trip to the market is around RM232.

The most significant savings if I buy from the wet market would be the fish. If I buy fish from supermarket, I would buy from the sashimi section as I don't have to worry about the freshness. I would normally spend about RM30-40 for fish for one meal :p

3 comments:

  1. this is a good progress already la... normally 30-40 for fish for a meal, remember?? :) jia you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think reasonanle la ... RM200+ ... sometime the food also will bring forward to the next week ... :p

    ReplyDelete