Saturday, January 8, 2011

~* Australia 2010 *~

A short update on my Australia trip. This is a very relaxing trip as we don't have a fix itinerary. YJ can consider behave during the whole trip. He slept during most of the traveling time which is a bless as I can take a short nap as well :)

The first city was Melbourne. It was raining during the 4 days we were there. Didn't really go any where. The highlight was to see penguins at Philip Island. 

Second city was Sydney. YJ travelled a lot in Sydney. We were on the Explorer bus, ferry and train. The Opera House was as beautiful and we enjoyed a very delicious seafood meal at The Sydney Fish Market. The crab is cheap if we compare it dollar to dollar. Love the Darling Harbour area and it has developed so much since my last trip about 10 years ago :) I must mentioned about one restaurant here - Mamak. This is a Malaysian restaurant at China Town. It sells roti canai and it is amazingly long crowd every night when we passed by. My uncle didn't want to try it as he said the not delicious roti canai is not worth AUD6 :D

Next was Gold Coast. My mom and cousin joined us here. We shopped a lot here. YJ have fun at the beach :)

The last city was Adelaide. There was a sudden change of weather. It was only about 18C. We went to the beach and YJ really enjoyed his time there. He was running and 4 adults were chasing after him :D My mom enjoyed her time at the strawberry farm and YJ enjoyed plucking the leaves of the strawberry plant :D

It was a good trip overall but I think I have spend too much on chocolate as gifts (around AUD250) :p

No comments:

Post a Comment