Monday, September 14, 2009

My Labour Experience

Well ... This is my first baby and as the due date getting closer, I am actually a bit nervous as I don't know what to expect. The expected due date given by my gynae is 1 Sep but nothing happen until the early morning of 7 Sep. The contraction came around 1am and by 2.30pm, when I go to the toilet, I found blood. So, we quickly getting ready for hospital.

I was at the delivery suite until 8am when my gynae came to check on me. I was only dilated 4cm and need to be induced. She also mentioned that the baby head was not at the right position and will advise again by noon. As 7Sep is a public holiday in Selangor, my gynae left after that.

After half an hour, the nurse came to check on me and found that baby heartbeat was not stable. She said need to go for operation immediately. The head nurse also came to check and they called the doctor immediately. After which, everything happen so fast and I was at the operation theather by 10am.

Luckily the operation was on time as the baby already starting to poo and need to be kept under observation for 4hours. I saw my baby first time at 2pm and so relieve that he is fine :)

My baby name is still in progress as the "si fu" that my in law wanted to get the name is on holiday and will only be back this week. At the moment, I call him "bao bao" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment