Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Confinement Period So Far

My confinement period so far so good (as long as I closed one eye :p).

Let me start with my confinement lady (CL). The CL that I have currently is not the one that I have booked. She is a replacement as the CL that I booked can't make it as her previous employer also deliver late. The first impression on her - she is very young. She is the 2nd generation of CL and she is only 40 years old. She is also very loud. My house has not been so "noisy" since we have moved in :D

The first day she is here, she ransack my whole kitchen (I think is their practise kua). So, she know where all the things are. I quite not used to her presence the first few days. I let her do things her way. If I were to put in comments, both of us will not be happy. My hubby comment on the kitchen - it looks more like a kitchen now :p But I think it is messy. And my fridge, I need to double clean when my confinement is over.

Food wise, breakfast is standard - "min sin" with ginger wine chicken. While lunch and dinner, she will cook different dishes. So far, I like the pork ribs with potato as well as the Bovril pork ribs. Yummy :p

On taking care of baby, I will comment from time to time if I think I'm right la. I will need to start to learn to take care of my baby now as she will be on leave for 5-day (starting end of next week) before coming back for extention of another 2-week. Why extention? Long story but the main purpose is to train the maid on baby care.

With a maid, a lot of things I can instruct her to do but I still getting used to having someone assisting me doing my housework. Luckily she is trained in housework and I will just have to train her on taking care of baby. She seem like scared to talk to me. A lot of things she told the CL but not me. Do I look fierce? :p

1 comment: